The Summer School will support a community of practice, providing a forum for teachers to exchange ideas and practice within a structured framework. Its primary purpose is capacity building in a supportive, reflective environment. It builds on participants’ existent strengths and knowledge and provides meaningful opportunities for skills and knowledge sharing.
The Enquiring Classroom Summer School 2018 will explore techniques for targeted capacity building in classrooms, enabling teachers:
- To use the tools of philosophical enquiry to engage in difficult ethical discussions and to support students' capabilities in this regard.
- To promote peer knowledge transfer and exchange of pedagogical content, strategies and practice to support students' lived encounters with philosophical and religious thought.
- To develop a skill-set for teachers that supports careful and sensitive facilitation of complex issues.
The Enquiring Classroom Summer School 2018 will focus on the following training outcomes:
- Teachers will attain transferable skills that can adapted across the educational spectrum
- Teachers will enhance their abilities to facilitate and support enquiry
- Teachers will experiment with model strategies for student engagement, discussion and analysis of complex issues, concepts, beliefs and values underlying inclusion”